Chair of Governors - Dr Katharine Milcoy
(Hazelwick School, Hazelwick School Close, Three Bridges, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1SX)
The overall purpose of the governing body is to help the school provide the best possible education for its students. This involves:
- Setting the school’s vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies and making creative use of available resources;
- Monitoring and evaluating performance and ensuring the quality of educational provision and acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher to support and challenge her in managing the school;
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, and to its local community and to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs. In all they do, the governing body need to focus on their strategic role and on how they can support the school to raise standards.
- Employing staff
- Managing the academy trust’s finances and property
The governing body is not responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, which lies with the Headteacher, but aims to fulfil the role of ‘partners’ or ‘critical friends’.
Hazelwick’s Governing body comprises Staff Governors, Parent Governors and Community Governors who are appointed on a four year term of office.
Current Governors are listed below:
- Ms A Fearon
- Mrs L Humphrey
- Miss H Jones
- Mr D Devanayagam
- Mrs J Jellicoe
- Mrs S Tamber
- Miss S Windsor
- Mrs R Bowron
- Mr L Clark
- Mr I Larkham
- Mrs S Stass
- Dr K Milcoy (Chair of Governors)
If you wish to contact a member of the governing body or have a general enquiry, then please email the Clerk to the Governors (Mrs Sparrowhawk): email@example.com