School Uniform Policy
Hazelwick is distinguished by its uniform which is smart work wear that gives students a feeling of belonging to the school and is viewed very favourably by the wider community.
All students wear the school blazer and tie, as well as the school PE kit. School uniform is sold by our supplier – Broadbridges. Items can be purchased online (www.broadbridges.co.uk) or by visiting their retail outlet in Horsham or Haywards Heath.
Years 7 - 11
|Blazer *||Regulation royal blue, single breasted with badge.|
Regulation PLAIN medium grey cloth – two styles available
|Trousers||PLAIN medium grey cloth, straight leg style.|
|Shirt/Blouse||PLAIN white with collar which can be buttoned up to the neck, suitable for wearing with a tie; long or short sleeved. To be tucked in at all times.|
|Jumper *||Regulation navy blue V-neck jumper (either long sleeved or sleeveless) – both styles available from the school supplier. No alternative jumpers are to be worn. School jumpers are not to be worn as an alternative to the blazer. This is an optional item.|
|Tie *||Regulation school tie (coloured stripe according to the Year Group).|
|Shoes||BLACK plain formal shoes – No trainers, no platforms or stiletto heels.|
|Tights||Neutral, plain black or navy opaque tights may be worn.|
|Socks||Plain black or white ankle socks when worn with a skirt.|
* These must be purchased from Broadbridges (www.broadbridges.co.uk). Replacement ties can also be purchased from the school’s main reception.
Muslim students from families for whom the wearing of the Hijab is important are allowed to do so, providing the Hijab is in the approved school colour and size. Sikh turbans (in approved school colours) are also permitted.
Students are prohibited from wearing all jewellery except a watch and one set of small, plain earrings (worn in the lower lobe of the ear only). Nail varnish, false nails and charity bands are not allowed.
Hair must be worn in a style which, in the judgement of the school, is appropriate for the formal uniform situation and the school workplace. An unnatural striking appearance (shaved lines or patterns, unnatural colours or haircuts shorter than a number 2) is inappropriate. If in doubt, please speak to your child’s Head of Year. Advice should be sought in advance of styling, since the style is not allowed unless permission has been granted by the school.
Make up should be discreet and light (at the discretion of the school staff).
Hooded tops of a sweatshirt material (zipped or otherwise) are not allowed to be worn to school.
- Hazelwick unisex sports polo shirt or girls fit sports polo shirt *
- Hazelwick reversible sports shirt (rugby shirt) *
- Hazelwick black shorts *
- Royal blue sports socks (can be purchased from Broadbridges)
- Football boots
- Shin pads (highly recommended)
- Gum shields (highly recommended)
- Black unisex tracksuit bottoms or girls fit tracksuit bottoms (optional) *
- Black leggings (optional) *
- Base layer top (optional) *
- Sports skort (optional) *
- PE Hoodie (optional) *
* These must be purchased from Broadbridges (www.broadbridges.co.uk).
All Hazelwick sixth formers are expected to dress formally, as are all members of any professional community. This code is intended to clarify our expectations regarding appropriate sixth form appearance. It is deliberately detailed in order to prevent uncertainty and misunderstanding about what is acceptable. Students are encouraged to check prior to making any purchases and/or wearing a specific item of clothing if they are unsure it meets the requirements. As a general rule a student should be able to go straight from school to a formal interview without the need to go home and get changed.
- Formal black suit with either smart (straight-cut, bootleg) trousers or black skirt (non-cling, no excessive split and appropriate length, no shorts)
- Formal plain white shirt/blouse (short-sleeved or long-sleeved of a formal nature i.e., no T-shirts, vests or polo shirts.)
- Sixth form tie to be worn by students who identify as male, optional for students who identify as female *
- A plain black V-neck jumper or waistcoat may be worn in addition to the suit jacket
- Any facial hair must be kept neat and tidy
- Sheer fabrics and tops that expose shoulders or the navel are not permitted
- Shoes should be flat-heeled, plain black and formal
- No trainers, high heels, flip-flops, plimsolls or sandals of any description
- No sweatshirts or large logos
- Very brightly colored nail varnish and excessive/obtrusive make-up are not to be worn
- Outdoor coats should not be worn in class
- Other jackets are not to be worn instead of the formal black suit jacket
* Ties can be purchased from the school’s main reception.