Welcome to Innovate at Hazelwick School!
We are delighted to partner with the students and staff at Hazelwick School.
Our aim, along with the school, is to provide all students with an exceptional catering experience. Our very talented team will be serving exciting menus packed with healthy ingredients, that are full of variety, and with loads of interesting new things to try. It's important that the food tastes as good as it looks and we're sure you won't be disappointed.
What's on the menu?
Innovate has long been considered the most inventive school caterer and that's because we're very clear about our food. All our dishes are prepared every day using quality, fresh and seasonal ingredients that are responsibly sourced. As well as ensuring the food on the plate is healthy, we want our customers to understand the importance of eating the right foods and help them with their food and nutrition journey. Here's a taste of what's to come:
- A huge selection of 'grab and go' items including baguettes, paninis, burritos and salads to name a few. All now using our barcode system to help speed up the queues!
- A variety of healthy, tasty main meals prepared fresh every day from carefully selected ingredients. The menu will follow a similar weekly pattern (see downloadable PDF menus below) so you know what to expect, providing over 35 choices each day in addition to the ever popular chef specials, fortnightly themed events and loyalty schemes.
- Our Street Vibes range, global street food that tours the world. It's always changing: from Korean fried chicken, Chinese bao buns, to Greek souvlaki - there's always something new to try!
- A salad bar bursting with flavour from traditional garden salads through to composite salads with a variety of grains, proteins, and dressings.
- Theme days: we're travelling around the world! We'll go to different regions each half term, with three days of special dishes alongside Street Vibes street food. There are also lots of individual special days and promotions that will run throughout the year!
What meal deals are available?
The most popular meal deal is the Blue Dot meal deal for £2.65. Students can choose any four items (usually £1 each) displaying a blue dot sticker. Items include selected rolls, drinks, cakes/tray bakes, fruit bags and more!
Buying Food and Drink
The catering service operates a biometric cashless system, where students can purchase items by simply placing their finger on a scanner at the point of sale. Parents/Carers can top-up their child's account by credit/debit card, with a minimum of £5.00. Balances can be checked online and is usually updated within 30 minutes of the last transaction.
Online payments are much easier and quicker and help us provide a better service - this is our preference, however cash payments can still be made. This should be placed in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with your child’s name and form, and deposited via the Lower School (South) black post box before morning registration to ensure funds will be available for same day purchases (note: If paid in after that time, funds may not be available until the next day).
A daily spend limit of £5.00 will be set for all students and no food/drink above that amount will be permitted, however, on request, an individual limit of your choice can be set.