Individual careers interviews, provided by qualified careers advisors, are offered to all students in Year 10. The majority of Year 11 students attend Hazelwick Sixth Form and then continue to higher education. However, Hazelwick Sixth Form is inclusive, and as such, we endeavour to ensure that every student is aware of their options at each important decision making stage. Importantly, all Sixth Form students receive several individual interviews with key staff.
The following sources of careers information and advice are also available to all students and their parents:
- Books, brochures, prospectuses and leaflets are kept in the school library in the LRC.
- A wide variety of careers information is available on the internet, particularly from the National Careers Service: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- Information on Higher Education (prospectuses, leaflets, the University Entrance guide) are available from the Heads of Year in Upper School and in the Octagon.
- Sources of information on CEIAG.
- Careers display boards in Lower School highlight a broad variety of careers linked to subject areas. Careers are also promoted within departmental displays.
- The Careers Café section of the monthly school newsletter showcases employer encounters, highlights opportunities for students, raises awareness of Labour Market Information and gives guidance and support on developing careers knowledge and skills.